Typically, the holiday season can generate significant incremental revenue for internet retailers. Holiday e-commerce is truly a magical time. People are in the buying mood meaning that conversion rates tend to skyrocket. By increasing frequency and visibility of your offers, you have the opportunity to capitalize on this buying spirit.
Once upon a time, internet retailers tended to target only Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and a few weeks leading up to December 25th but that is no longer the case. In the midst of the increased competition for consumers’ attention and dollars, marketers have resorted to more promotion dates and an accelerated calendar.
This year, these are the important holiday promotional dates:
- November 1st – Holiday Season kicks off
- November 22nd – Thanksgiving
- November 23rd – Black Friday
- November 26th – Cyber Monday
- December 10th – Green Monday (Think ‘Black Friday’ in Dec)
- December 14th – Free Shipping Day
- December 22nd – Super Saturday (Last day to shop)
- December 25th – Christmas Day
- December 26th – Boxing Day (Canada)
- December 31st – New Year’s Eve
If you don’t have a holiday digital plan yet, it’s not too late. Fox Digital is known for excellent holiday strategy and execution plans.